Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) JobParamus, NJ 30361
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobTo assist patients and their families in all aspects of their clinical interaction with the Pediatrician. The CMA is an integral part of the Patient Care Team and ensures that all patients have optimal health outcomes.
- Greet patient and family cordially at every visit, using cultural sensitivity and customer service skills. At end of visit, escort patient to check out and ensure that concerns and questions were addressed..
- Obtain chief complaint, history of present illness, social history, family history, query patient on current medications and allergies, perform and record vital signs and others. Enter all documentation in the electronic medical record system, verifying accuracy and reviewing answers at subsequent visits.
- Participate in Care Team huddles to prepare for patient visits and anticipate needs and participate in staff meetings.
- Arrange for interpretation or if applicable, translate for physician if there is a language need.
- Follow current HIPAA guidelines for patient privacy and CLIA guidelines for lab protocols.
- Communicate with the physician if there is any acute issue that needs immediate attention.
- Inform physician when patient is ready for examination.
- Perform required lab work and immunization administration as ordered by the physician.
- Ensure that the patient understands physician’s instructions and remind patient if there is a follow-up appointment required.
- Follow standing orders on all patients who have a chronic issue listed in the “Problem List” of the electronic chart and must verify medications, allergies, and medical histories.
- Record all results of lab tests in the electronic medical record, timestamping results with name.
- Arrange for pick-up of lab specimens that require an outside laboratory to completeand close the lab for the evening when working the later shifts. Must also assist with opening of the lab and recording the temperatures for both the refrigerator and freezer.
- Maintain cleanliness of exam room before the day starts and in between patients.
- Assist with completion of forms, noting completion of form in electronic medical record.
- Check supplies in all exam rooms on a daily basis, inform Nurse Manager when inventory of a particular supply is running low.
- Assist with new staff training as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
- Graduation from an accredited medical assisting program.
- Successful completion of certification or registration exam for Medical Assisting.
- Possession of a current, valid certificate or registration card.
- Computer literacy, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and documentation skills, bi-lingual preferred but not mandatory. Sensitivity to different cultures required.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Ability to travel to any office location within the practice and be able to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.